Happy New Year
We would like to wish you a happy New Year for 2016. We hope that you have enjoyed some time with family and friends with some great laughs and even a few runs in there too.
Now that 2016 is upon is, it is time to change gears and get yourself motivated for a fantastic year ahead. Here are a few tips to get the ball rolling to ensure you stay on track to reach your goals in the coming year.
- Set realistic goals that you can achieve (this is the best form of motivation when you can achieve goals you set)
- Set time specific goals (for example, set yourself a goal of running 10km at the Twilight Running Festival)
- Join a running group or invite a friend you can achieve your goals with
- Set short, medium and long term goals for 2016
- Stick to a program or schedule you can maintain and that works with real life situations
- Set rewards for yourself when you achieve a goal (something like, buy yourself that GPS watch you have been wanting or simply a new pair of socks)
Whatever your goals, we hope you have a happy new year and look forward to all the positive things that 2016 has to bring.
Good luck everyone – as always, have a happy run.
intraining Running Centre Team