Get ready to be compressed
It is no secret that compression is a technology that has quantifiable benefits that can assist in helping muscles recover quicker, reduce fatigue and essentially enable your muscles to go harder for longer. With the myriad of different compression brands and technologies available it can often become confusing to figure out which brand and type of compression will work best for you. The three major players we have available in full length compression are; Skins, 2XU and CEP with their tailor made made of recovery compression tights, ‘CloneTec’.
[table id=65 /]
Check out our summary of benefits within each brand and how these may suit your preferred usage. Ranging from active usage through reduced muscle vibration passive usage such as sitting at work after a session with your recovery compression working its magic.
Skins Compression Technology
- A400 Active range is designed for the active elite and fanatical amateur, those who ‘live’ in their Skins for more than 10 hours a week.
- The new DNAmic and A200 ranges are designed with everyday sports men and women in mind (those who love their team sports or gym sessions) who train or compete for up to 10 hours a week.
- The RY400 Recovery range is the essential kit to pull on after every training session to help reduce exercise induced muscle damage, so you can get back out there again faster.
2XU Compression Technology
2XU have long been in the industry and have a range of compression tights to suit various activities from activity through to specific recovery tights.
- High impact activities
- MCS results in up to 2 x less muscle damage
- 9% greater endurance, 33% improved recovery
- Manufactured from 3D body scans.
- Medium impact activities
- Made to suit BMI ranges.
- Ultimate recovery benefits helping circulate blood improving rate of recovery.
- Higher level of compression vs Elite and Performance range.
- Full compression from waist through to toe.
- Ice-X tech results in improved breathability and reduced body temperature.
- Same as the performance compression but keeps you 2 degrees cooler.
CEP Compression Technology
Clone Tech – Made to measure
- Made to measure (tailor made from 15 anatomical measurement points)
- Compression from your toes to your waist
- Anatomically designed
- Seamless leg compression
- Circular knit design and ultra-thin breathable fabric
- Graduated compression resulting in more at the ankle and reduces towards the heart
- Made in Germany
Keen to find out more about CloneTec? Join us for the free information evening on Thursday 27 April at 7pm at intraining Running Centre, Milton. Click here to find out more
Whether following a hard race, a long training run or a hard workout, compression garments can facilitate recovery and reduce post-exercise muscle soreness.
If you are still unsure about how to select the best compression for you, visit us at intraining Running Centre and we can help compress you and maximise your potential.